Wednesday 21 November 2007

stepping into a new world



Your prayers are being answered! It is absolutely amazing. It's like I stepped into a whole new world that I thought never existed. It's my 2nd time going into schools this morning speaking. This time when I walked in tears rolled from my eyes as I experienced the very poor condition of the high school; dark, cold and ancient. But regardless, laughter filled the halls as children ran up and down the stairs ranging from 2nd grade to 12th.

The town Kaharlyk, means "Cursed" and Calvary Chapel means "Church of the Skull" so it's kinda unique how this seems to work for these people. The Ukrainian's don't know what Christians look like cuz they've NEVER seen one; it's all about building relationships. The average wage is $80 a month, which means most people here are poor.

Micah said moving here was like going 100 miles an hour then everything coming to a complete STOP. it's true. So very different.

Well, I will be having Micah & Christy over to the home in Chandler when they are on furlough in January so you can hear about their amazing goals, vision, and life as a missionary family in Ukraine. You will be blessed. Check out their blog!

No comments: