Tuesday 7 April 2009

let the sparks fly!

We value our sexuality, cherish it, and SAVE it for the security of marriage where we share it.


What amazing truth!


Our sexuality is to be valued. It's to be cherished. Something precious in His sight. And most of all saved for the security of marrige. Marriage brings 'security' with the covenent and contract that two people sign. It states...for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part. That's a committment for LIFE and then 'let the sparks fly'!!!


Sex is a gift. An amazing gift!


"You are worth waiting for" are 5 words that parents must communicate over and over again to their sons and daughters at an early age to combat the worlds lies of 'just do it'. We get bombarded everywhere with the idea that sex is a sport or game to keep tabs on. To just keep score. But it's NOT. It's a whole new mind set. A renewing of our mind to crasp regardless of media, billboards and music that portray a different message. The truth....sex is a gift.


Was it communicated to you? Did your parents let you know that sex is a gift? Most likely not.


Here was my big 'sex talk'. My aunt and mom were whispering in the near by room and I knew something was up. Then my Mom came in the kitchen where I was pretending I wasn't evesdropping. "Here make sure you take one of these everyday". She handed me birthcontrol pills. Can you believe it? Birthcontrol pills. So over the next 5 years and more I've been ruining not only my body but my 'heart' being torn a little piece at a time when I gave myself away emotionally and physically.


I wish I heard a different message. A message you as parents, moms, grandmoms, aunts, coaches, friends, sisters, can communicate to your loved ones.
Moms, this is the time to seize this generation and speak up about issues dear to your heart and the Lords.


Sexual integrity grips at His heart and should grip ours too. Once we get educated we get empowered. Let's allow this conversation to be so common....just like fried chicken and mashed potatoes.




Common in the American family and ah, so good!

No comments: